Thursday, March 01, 2007

Lent

I posted a little about this as a comment on Shawn and Sara's page, but I thought I'd expand on it here. For lent I have chosen to give up one meal a day and soda. As most of you know, my blood runs with Mountain Dew, so this won't be easy. As for the one meal a day thing, I am also doing some spiritual development reading during this time and have taken to taking a walk for half of my lunch to clear my head. I was reading one book, but then we sold out at work and I don't want to bring my own in everyday. So for now I'm reading To Own A Dragon by Don Miller. It's a pretty good book so far. If you haven't read Don Miller's book Blue Like Jazz, I highly recommend it.

Got to go get ready for work again.

~geoff

1 comment:

Shawn S. said...

It always amazes me that I can give up something so dear (and usually, for me, distracting from God) during Lent, but I don't always have the strength to do it during other times of the year. I think it is a very good discipline. I like that you also took something up! I try to do that too. -Sara